Below are the Writing topics and Speaking questions from the recent General Training IELTS exam in Australia (thanks to the contributor K).
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have moved to another city to do a short term course. Write a letter to invite a friend to do the course with you. Please say
- why you want your friend to join the course,
- what the benefits of this course are,
- how joining the course will help your friend.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many historic buildings are being destroyed or damaged. What are the reasons for this? What should be done to preserve these buildings?
- What is your full name?
- What should I call you?
- Do you work or study?
- Do you enjoy your work?
- Would you like to change this job?
- Do you like your name?
- Who gives a name to a baby in your culture?
- Describe the naming ceremony in your culture.
Talk about a day off and how you would like to spend it. Please say
- Where would you like to go?
- What would you like to do?
- Whom would you go with?
- How do you usually feel at the end of a day off?
- Would you like a single long holiday or many short holidays in a year? Why?
- Do you think men and women have different activities to do in their free time? Why?
IELTS Speaking test in Sri Lanka – July 2011
here are the speaking questions as remembered by A from Sri Lanka.
- Do you work or study?
- Let’s talk about your work. What kind of work is it?
- Do you enjoy your job?
- How were your science classes at school, did you like them?
- Is there anything you didn’t like about science?
- Why is science important in everyday life?
- What kind of musical concerts are popular in your area?
- Do you think that musical concerts are the better option to enjoy music?
- What other options are there?
- Do you go to the musical concerts? Why?
Talk about a house or an apartment you would like to live in.
- describe that house or apartment,
- say why you like it, and
- explain where it should be located.
- Would you like more to live in a large city or in a rural area?
- What are the differences between the village and city living?
- Why are villages becoming popular?
- What will be the future trends in lifestyle?
- What can be done by people themselves to minimize pollution?
- Will the governments eventually ban large cities?
آزمون آیلتس در ارمنستان و اسپانیا
تست واقعی آیلتس جنرال در انگلستان اکتبر 2011
تست اسپیکینگ آیلتس در استرالیا
IELTS test in Pakistan – October 2011 (Academic Module)
IELTS Speaking test in Melbourne, Australia – September 2011
IELTS test in Western Australia – September 2011 (Academic Module)
IELTS Speaking test in the UAE – September 2011
IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia – September 2011 (General Training)
IELTS Speaking test in the USA – September 2011
IELTS test in Algeria – September 2011 (General Training)
IELTS Tips from a Band 8.5 Scorer
IELTS test in Russia – September 2011 (Academic Module)
IELTS test in Taiwan – September 2011 (Academic Module)
IELTS Speaking test in Hyderabad India – August 2011