IELTS test in Australia and Indonesia – July 2011 (General Training)
Section 1. Registering for IT exhibition in Toronto, Canada.
Section 2. About a holiday resort in Queensland.
Section 3. A student who had an accident was trying to get some advice on how he can do his school activities.
Section 4. About the correlation between agriculture and economic growth of Indonesia.
Passage1. About the procedure of buying a new or used car in England.
Section 2. Matching some kinds of apartments or units advertised in newspapers.
Section 3. About safety at workplace and what to do in order to minimize injuries or back pain.
Section 4. About the procedure of hiring new employees.
Section 5. The history and use of peppercorn and its contribution to the medical science and economy in general.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your friend would like to put together an international food book. Write a letter to him/her and describe a dish that you tried recently. Please say
- What was that dish?
- When and where have you eaten it?
- Suggest your friend to include the recipe of that dish in his/her book.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
All high or secondary school students should be taught how to manage money, because it is an important life skill. Do you agree or disagree?
- What is your full name?
- How do you prefer to be called?
- Are you a student?
- Why did you choose this subject?
- What do you like the most about this subject?
- Do people believe in numbers in your country?
- Do you believe in numbers?
- Do you collect coins?
- What are the characteristics of a good leader?
- Do you think you are a good leader?
Talk about your friend. Please say:
- When and where have you met him/her?
- What do others think of your friend?
- What do you like the most about your friend?
- What are the good qualities of your friend?
- Why do you think others will follow your friend?
- Do you think your friend is a good leader?
- In your tradition, who will act as a leader in a family?
- Why does he/she act as a leader?
- In your country, will the leader co-operate with family members?
- Who will make decisions?
- When making decisions, will he/she discuss them first with family?
- Do family members usually support the leader?
- Do you think in the future leaders will take the position as decision makers?