IELTS test in the UK – March 2011 (Academic Module)
This IELTS exam was shared by D (thank you!), who remembered this much:
Section 1. A phone conversation between two friends.
Section 2. Don’t remember.
Section 3. A discussion about project work among 3 people.
Section 4. A professor was presenting his report.
Passage 1. A report about usage of electronic devices in airplanes.
Passage 2. A research into sea cows.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a chart which described foreign students’ applications to a UK university from 1999 to 2003. There were 4 categories of countries of origin (EU countries, Middle East, Far East and African countries).
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Costs of international travel are decreasing and the tourism is growing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of an increasing tourism activity in different countries?
- Where are you from?
- What is your full name?
- What should I call you?
- Can I see your ID?
- Are you currently working or studying?
- What are your responsibilities at work?
- Do you enjoy doing your current job? Why?
- What do you study?
- Which part do you like the most about your studies?
- Do you like flowers?
- Why do you like / dislike flowers?
- In your country, when do people give flowers to others?
- Is there any festival in your country involving the use of flowers?
Describe a successful company that you know. Please say:
- How did you hear about the company?
- How did this company become successful?
-What is your opinion about the company?
- In your opinion what is better: working for someone and having a boss above you, or having your own business and managing it yourself?