IELTS test in UAE – April 2011 (General Training)
The IELTS exam in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates) was sent to us by a kind student H (thanks a lot!). Here is what he remembered:
Section 1. A conversation between 2 people visiting a place.
Questions: filling in blanks, short-answer questions (no more than 3 words).
Section 2. A monologue.
Questions: Diagram / map labeling. There were 6 options given (A-F) and for each label one letter had to be chosen.
Section 3. A conversation between 2 students talking about the benefits of taking certain courses at the university and how it has helped them.
Section 4. A monologue explaining the economics of the USA during the 1900 and at present.
Passage 1. About a water utility service company.
Questions: Match numbers to appropriate headings for each paragraph.
Passage 2. About utilizing the company vehicle for in-field purposes.
Questions: filling in blanks (summary completion).
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. Graphology and its interpretation of a person’s writing.
Questions: filling in blanks, select the appropriate name from the list below (A-D) to answer each question.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to the head of the organization to request funding for a particular course.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
International sporting events are a cause of concern to the hosting nation. Do you agree or disagree?
- What is your name?
- Can I call you by your first name?
- Do you work or study?
- Do you like what you are doing?
Talk about a recent advertisement that you have seen. Please say
- What was it about?
- Describe the advertisement.
- Who do you think would be interested in it?
- Why was the advertisement so interesting?
- People today are flooded with advertisements. Do you agree or not? Why?
- In what way has media infiltrated people in their everyday lives?
- People today, even when they visit the countryside, do not want to be disconnected from the busy city life. Is it a good thing?