IELTS test in Manila, Philippines February 2011 (General Training)
IELTS exam in Manila was shared by M from the Philippines, who remembered the writing and speaking topics.
Writing Task 1 (a letter)
You have attended short course training at Canada. Your friend wants to attend the same course and he/she sent you a letter to ask about it. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- Tell what you did in the short course.
- Explain how it has helped you.
- Tell what benefits your friend can get from it.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Older people often say that their life was better in the past than it is now. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- Can I see your ID?
- What is your full name?
- What do you want me to call you?
- Let’s talk about your hometown. Where is it?
- What is your hometown famous for?
- Have you studied about the history of your hometown at school?
- Why do you think that students need to study their hometowns’ history at school?
- Do you like meeting people?
- What are the common places where people prefer to meet?
- What were the places where people liked to meet in the past?
- What sports did you like to play when you were a child?
- What things can children learn from playing sports?
- Would you like your future children to play sports too?
Talk about a job that you would like to have. Please include in your answer:
- What job would it be?
- Why do you want to have that job?
- What skills are necessary to do the job?
- Is it easy to find a job here in your country?
- What do you think people do first to have a job?
- What are the qualities that people must have so they can be employed easily?
- What are the qualities the bosses must have so they will be followed by their employees?
- Do you think it is important for the boss and employees to have a good working relationship?
- What do you think are the common complaints of the workers?