IELTS test in Australia – March 2011 (General Training)
The recent IELTS exam in Australia was shared by our kind friend C. She managed to remember the tasks and questions in the writing and speaking sections:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
An international company is opening a new branch in your town/city. Write a letter to the Human Resources Department and say
- What job are you interested in?
- Why do you want to work for that company?
- Ask a few questions about the company and the job itself.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Traffic jams are becoming a problem in big towns and cities nowadays. As a solution some people are suggesting widening the roads. Do you agree or disagree?
- What is your name?
- Are you studying or working at the moment?
- Why have you chosen this course?
- Do children need to do painting?
- Do you do painting yourself?
- What kind of painting is it?
- Why people do painting?
- Why is painting good for personal development?
Talk about a photograph of yourself that somebody took that you liked. Please say
- Who took that picture?
- Where and when was the picture taken?
- Why do you like it?
- How were you feeling when it was taken?
- Why do people take pictures?
- What are the most popular places in your town people take pictures of?
- Is it necessary to keep all the pictures that we shoot?
- What do you mean by ugly pictures?
- Does that means we will forget people if we throw their pictures away?